Norfolk is one of the most stunning counties in England, tucked away on the east coast. With great beaches, coastal walks, Broads and rolling countryside, Norfolk has it all – so much so even the Royal Family hang out here. It is also a great place for holiday, and has been a holiday hotspot for UK residents and visitors from abroad for many years. We have a great range of holiday homes perfect for a staycation in the UK in Norfolk.
1. The biggest highlight of Norfolk is its coastline, which means plenty of beaches from never ending sandy stretches to family friendly rock-pooling and sun bathing spots.
2. There is a lot of nature to be seen on the coast too – the seals come up onto the beach and residents sometimes leave beach towels for the lounging seals.
3. Crabbing in Norfolk is a lot of fun, and crab is also very tasty! Read our tips on crabbing here. The World Pier Crabbing Championships are held here every August bank holiday.
4. If you fancy getting away from the beach, head to Norwich, Norfolk’s capital. Once the largest city after London, Norwich is full of history – and pubs!
5. If you want to ditch the car, take a trip on the Bure Valley Railway and experience a ride on an actual steam train, travelling through beautiful Norfolk country.
6. Another popular destination is the Norfolk Broads which is a great location for a tranquil boat ride and spotting all the wildlife, from birds, insects and animals.
7. Norfolk also has many grand houses to visit – including the part time residence of the Royal Family at Sandringham.
8. Blickling Hall is another grand house you can tour and see the ornate furnishings within and also tour the expansive grounds.
With all these amazing places to visit, you should definitely make Norfolk the place to have your holiday home.
Photo by: Charlie Dave