Friday 27th July 2018 will put Norfolk and its businesses on centre-stage, celebrating all that is good about Norfolk with its many hidden gems and pioneering businesses. Let's take a look and see what's happening...
Norfolk Museums have lots of themed events and activities.
- Norwich Castle will have family activities inspired by the current exhibition, The Paston Treasure
- Free entry to Strangers’ Hall and The Museum of Norwich on the day
- Join Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse for A Walk in the Woods
- Follow a special trail at Ancient House Museum
- Family friendly activities at Lynn Museum, and Great Yarmouth museums
- Check the museums events diary for more
Norfolk libraries are hosting special events for Norfolk Day all across the county, for both children and adults, including:
- Norwich Time Travellers - share memories of Norfolk and discover more about our local history collection over a cup of tea
- The Story on My Street - imaginitive storytelling for ages 7-11
- Just a Cuppa - A Norfolk mardle - drop in for a chat about Norfolk in the past over a cuppa
- The Norfolk Poppy project - poppy making for children. Part of the Norfolk in World War One Project.
- StoryWalks: Get outside on Norfolk Day - story times and outdoor treasure hunts for ages 3-7
Norfolk Record Office
If you’re interested in historic documents and unusual maps, then come along to the Norfolk Record Office. We'll be running two sessions, both two hours long. Places are free but must be booked in advance. For more details, contact Norfolk Record Office.
A Good Hare Day free activities and workshops
Come along to our free 'A Good Hare Day' activities, run by Norfolk Community Learning Services. No need to book, just come along and join in the fun! Suitable for adults and families. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Top Ten picks about why we love Norfolk!
- Our picturesque countryside. Norfolk is full of natural beauty with lush green fields, beautiful rivers and breath-taking views
- Environment and wildlife. The Grey Seals at Blakeney Point, the glorious Thetford Forest and the unique Norfolk Broads - there is so much life to see
- The beaches. From the perfect beach of Holkham to the dunes and donuts at Sea Palling, a visit to the coast is always spectacular
- The walks. Norfolk offers a fantastic network of Trails that spread for hundreds of miles keeping us fit and healthy whilst letting us escape into the countryside
- The culture. With museums and libraries across the county, we all have the opportunity to broaden our horizons
- A diverse and vibrant economy. Norfolk is booming, with offshore renewable energy and global agri-tech industries to name a few areas where we are leading the way
- Thriving market towns. They are the backbone of the county, all possessing their own unique identity and traditions
- The food and drink. Here in Norfolk we produce some of the finest quality food in the country.
- Norwich City Football Club. As the only professional club in the county, it’s great to see the level of support for the Canaries
- And, above all… the people. A place is only as good as those who live there. Luckily, Norfolk is blessed with the best
MODERN HOLIDAY COTTAGES IN NORTH NORFOLK BY TINGDENE
To be close to the sea in North Norfolk is a dream for many people and it’s dream that can come true for you at Rainbow's End. Sought after, but still secluded, North Norfolk is the go to place for a laid back lifestyle. Rainbow's End captures the magic of the North Norfolk coast, with its modern holiday cottages hidden in thirteen gorgeous acres of grassland. Close to Bacton, this prime park has direct access to a stunning Norfolk beach. You’re just a few miles away from the charms of Cromer and Sheringham, not to mention the Norfolk Broads. You really need to look around Rainbow’s End. We think it’s just what you’ve been dreaming of!
- x10 new plots released for sale!
- Doorstep beach access
- Great for exploring North Norfolk
- 12 month holiday occupancy (open all year)
- Timber deckings
- 99 year leases